flikar

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Truth and Divine Love (Swami B.A. Sridhar Maharaj)

The lecture from Prema Satsang with Swami B.A. Sridhar Maharaj in Nimaihuset 29th November.


"The Absolute Truth is equated with love."

"The best means to know what the Truth is, is to serve God through the medium of Divine Love."

"Conditional love requires that you do something for me, then I will do something for you. This we can observe everywhere, in everyday life of most people. But there exists also something which is called unconditional love. This unconditional love is like that: I love you as you are, and I'm not demanding anything from you. I make you the centre, and I will be orbiting around you. Whether you love me or not, I will love you anyway. Meaning, I'm not setting any condition for our relationship to exist. [---] Only in spiritual life this kind of unconditional love is possible. If you are on the material plane, meaning, trying to exploit the other, then you can not taste the spiritual love. Because spiritual means giving to the other – the other is in the centre – not demanding anything."

"We have nothing to do with religion. If you think I'm a religious person, I will be dissatisfied. Because I'm not interested in religion. At all. Religion means ritual. Rituals are means for organizing the life on the material platform. Bhakti* is not about religion. Bhakti is about spirituality. And spirituality means complete change of the perspective."

*Krishna consciousness


No comments:

Post a Comment